Thursday, January 17, 2008

I Believe That I Can Learn To Write Well

"One belief, though, undergirds them all: the most important thing that influences a writer's growth is believing that he or she can write well." 

Ballenger's concept relates directly how I live my life. As a child I was brought up with the belief that there are no limitations on my success. I was free to be my own person, but taught to do so full heartedly. The challenges and goals set out for myself could not be face without full belief in myself. My parents were amazed by the variety of things I did growing up. I wanted to do well in school, so I got straight A's. I wanted to play football, I started on varsity. I wanted to play percussion, so I made 1st chair All-State twice. I wouldn't have been able to do such things without first believing I could succeed. I believe that confidence enables further success, beyond the success of hard work. One can only grow so much by just putting forth effort. If you have no belief in yourself and what you're doing you limit yourself. 

Writing is difficult for me. Often times I doubt my ability to do well at writing, and it hinders my potential. This class is made to make me a better writer, and I completely agree with Ballenger's way of thinking. For me to get all I can out of this class, I must believe in myself. I must  believe I can write well. My skills will develop with an optimistic point of view. 

I can write well.


No comments: