Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Research Topic

Topic
The topic I chose for my research essay, is the evolution of communication through computers. I want to explore how the computer evolved from communication such as e-mails, to telecommunication, instant messaging, and video chats across the world.

Question

Has the availability of instant communication damaged our culture's desire for face to face communication?

Rationale

This interests me because this technology has developed significantly within the last 15 years. I have found with a lot of the recent technology developments, that they take away from personal communication. I hope to research the steps that have lead us to today's new computer communication technology. I think this question is very important because I believe that the lack of human presence in communication could become a negative aspect of our society. 

1 comment:

April Patrick said...

Sounds like an interesting topic. As you research and begin writing, you may find it useful to narrow down to specific communication tools.