Sunday, April 27, 2008

Rhetorical Revision

Remind readers of the context and give an overview of your argument for Essay 4
In my Essay 4, I addressed the issue of building natural gas wells in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I argue that the negative aspects of building the wells far outweigh the positive and that the community should be against it. 

Describe what medium you have chosen for the rhetorical revision
I have chosen to use a billboard as my medium for the rhetorical revision. I believe this would be the most efficient way of informing an entire city about the issue. I plan for my billboard to revolve around a picture. In this picture I want to show a nice beautiful home, then have the gas well in the background completely ruining the positive image and attractiveness of the home.

Explain in detail the choices you made in turning this into a visual ad for mainstream culture (as opposed to a more academic setting)
I have taken the visuals and descriptions of those living near oil wells and exaggerated them for a much more powerful impact visually. I believe if the sign is cluttered with too much information then no one will understand it. The people only have a short moment to see it. I want the sign to be clear on what the issue is and what side of the issue the sign represents. 

What did you learn about the rhetorical process (issues of audience—including location, form, visual appeals, etc.)
Layout- The picture on the billboard will take up the whole sign. I plan for the house to be centered with the gas well behind it. I will have a short sentence centered at the bottom of the sign that says..."Is Gas Worth It?" or something to that effect. 
Images- I will show a very beautiful house, with a sharp contradicting background of a gas well that makes the house unattractive. 
Colors- The house will use bright colors, with nice green grass giving it a lovely look. The gas well in the background of the house will be very dark with smoke a soot polluting the air, creating a very negative atmosphere. 
Font- the font for the sentence will be bold and in white. The lettering will be large and simplistic to make sure the drivers and passerby's can easily read the word and comprehend the inference being made. 

No comments: